Terms & Conditions
- Dalesway Paving will not be held responsible for weed growth from underlying surfaces unless we have undertaken full construction. Weed control on existing surface is down to the client to have suitably treated the surface prior to our commencement of works. And its up to the customer to maintain weed growth by regular cleaning of the product sweeping with sand and general maintenance.
- Please note work will not be guaranteed by Dalesway Paving for any cracking or subsidence in the underlying surfaces if it has not been prepared by us. If we do not carry out the groundwork, we will not be held responsible for standing water issues.(puddling and pooling)
- Please be aware all aggregates are natural products and can vary throughout batches. The nature of the materials and processes used, make it unavoidable that apparent variation in texture and colour of the surface material may occur. Whilst every possible care will be taken, the company cannot guarantee colour and texture matching closer than those inherent to the materials and processes used. Once the surface is laid over a period of time it will lose its shine and give a natural, matt stone finish. The texture of finish may vary and working marks may also be visible under light at obscure angles. We endeavour to provide a seamless finish to the surface; however, this is not always possible. In such circumstances a joining or expansion strip may be used.
- We will endeavour to provide a seamless finish to the surface; however, this is not always possible. In such circumstances a joining or expansion strip may be required.
- Dalesway Paving cannot be held responsible for ground heave, the drying out of soil or subgrade is not Dalesway paving’s fault, we try our best to over spec all products.
- Dalesway Paving cannot be held responsible for reflective staining under patios especially on natural paving.
- During hot weather stints customers should use tarmac driveways carefully and not dry/power steer or use ladders and such things that can pierce or scratch the tarmac, Dalesway paving cannot be held responsible for such events.
- Dalesway paving cannot be held responsible for the technical problems from materials, this is down to the manufacturer/ supplier (salt/rust/staining).
- Extensions to driveways / patio areas for tarmac and resin may crack tear or change appearance due to the nature of settlement dalesway will try every possible way for this not to happen however certain circumstances make this next to impossible to stop we will never be accountable for this happening we do not guarantee overlay driveways for any amount of time unless otherwise stated and put in writing
- All wood is a natural product and will warp shrink and even expand in weather conditions fences gates and decking dalesway paving are not responsible for this and will not be held liable.
- Dalesway Paving will endeavour to make the new surface as level as practically possible. Due to the materials being hand laid slight undulations may occur.ie roller marks and trowel marks however this can occur due to materials been laid by hand
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to inform Dalesway Paving of any existing and unwanted pooling prior to the application of the specialist resin coating. Whilst every effort will be taken to remove any reported pooling, Dalesway Paving can accept no responsibility for standing water or other drainage issues on existing surfaces or new surfaces laid by others.
- Dalesway paving cannot be held responsible or liable for damage or negligence to newly laid resin or tarmacadam during its curing time especially in extreme temperatures of +27 or below 0 degrees.
- A standing time charge may be invoked in the event of excessive delays outside our control.
- The above guarantee does not cover sub-surface issues unless the underlying substrate was constructed and installed by Dalesway Paving.
- Its up to the purchaser/customer to inform dalesway paving of any services that are in the projected area (gas,electric,water,cable/bt) dalesway paving will not be held responsible or liable for any costs incurred ,unless otherwise shown or stated before excavation.
- During the resin curing process and installation Dalesway paving cannot be held responsible for weather conditions such as rain or hail. Dalesway will try as much as possible to install in dry conditions however weather pattens can’t be predicted or guaranteed 100%
- Resin driveways and the aggregate used are designed to be installed by hand and as such towel marks can be seen .Dalesway paving aim to limit the number of visible trowel marks but some may be visible ,this is unfortunate however perfectly possible and 3/10 installations may show trowel marks
- Please note all goods/materials supplied by dalesway paving will remain the property of dalesway paving until payment is received in full , failure to pay for such goods/services/materials may result in dalesway removing the goods at our own discretion.
- The guarantee does not cover the following:-
- Damage caused by forceful impact, point loading (Inc. high heels), other mechanical damage and excessive usage.
- Damage caused by reflective cracking or subsequent damage caused by reflective damage from the underlying base.
- Damage caused by extreme periods of hot weather, or cold temperatures below 0 degrees.
- Damage caused by stones in tyres or dry steering.
- Damage or staining caused by chemicals, solvents (general external agents).
- Damage caused by repairs made to, or adjacent to, the surface or underlying structural layers.
- A decrease in permeability caused by ingress of dirt, fine materials or other causes.
- Damage as tree roots and deformation of any under laying structural layers or sink-age.
- Whilst resin bound surfacing is porous, it is only as porous as the natural soils will allow and, in some circumstances, will puddle for a short until it is allowed to disburse. Hairline fractures may occur in very infrequent cases. This does not affect the overall performance of the surface and cannot be regarded as a defect. Any severe cracking forming within the surface will be mass filled by the company.
- The nature of the materials and processes used make it unavoidable that apparent variation in texture and colour of the surface material may occur. Whilst every possible care will be exercised, the company cannot guarantee colour and texture matching closer to tolerances than those inherent in the materials and processes used. Once the surface is laid over a period of time it will lose its shine and give you a natural, matte stone finish.
A quotation shall remain open for acceptance within thirty days of the date shown and thereafter may be subject to change.
All work is subject to VAT at the standard rate wherever applicable.
All quotations are specified for domestic use. if you require any heavy goods vehicles on your property, it is the customers responsibility to notify Dalesway Paving on or prior to the quotation.
Dalesway Paving shall perform the Landscaping Services described herein from the beginning of project through until the end no guarantees can be made with regards to weather so no guaranteed start dates or completion dates can be achieved and all times given are of estimated times only.
Work that is not included within the original quotation/s and that are/is later requested by the client, or client representative, will be treated as additional works. If the variation will alter the cost of carrying out the Works, the Contractor will provide a written Quotation and cost breakdown for the cost of carrying out the variation. The Client and the Contractor will agree an adjustment to the Contract Sum in writing. The contractor will always try to carry out any additional work you request at the same time as an ongoing project, however, sometimes especially when we are very busy this may not be possible. In this instance a separate work date will need to be agreed.
Excavation / Foundations / Spoil
Where reasonable inspection of below ground conditions is not possible prior to quotation, the contractor reserves the right to make fair and reasonable charges for extra costs arising from poor underground conditions, obstructions or objects.
Accurately apprise Dalesway Paving as to the boundary lines of the Property to ensure Dalesway Paving does not encroach on any third party’s property. Failure to comply or give false information will be the responsibility of the client and under no circumstances will Dalesway Paving be responsible or correcting.
The Client warrants that the site is free from springs, flooding, rock, tree stumps not specified to be removed, mine workings, covered wells or other cavities, running sand, service pipes and cables, sewage or land drains, foundations of former buildings or other hazards or obstructions which are not discoverable upon visual inspection of the surface of the site or made known in writing by the Client to the Contractor prior to the date upon which the Contractor submits the quotation overleaf. If the Client breaches the above warranty the Contractor shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for all additional work necessarily and properly executed by the Contractor as a result.
Adequate access to the site must be made available by the Client to the Contractor to enable the work to be carried out in a regular and economic manner.
Provide water and safe electricity supply for the use towards completion of works without restrictions.
Quality of all Workmanship
Will be in accordance with recognised constructional and that materials supplied will be suitable for their intended use. Where normal ground conditions prevail, the contractor warrants a 5-year defects period from the date of practical completion for any workmanship found to be defective due to any cause other than neglect, damage or theft. The contactor is unable to offer guarantees for products supplied outside its own manufacture or for sub- surface issues. Unless the underlying substrate was constructed and installed by Dalesway Paving.
Unless otherwise stated, timber supplied will be pressure treated. It should be noted that timber products can be prone to some natural movement in extreme weather conditions for which the contractor can accept no liability.
The upkeep and maintenance of all completed works, Dalesway Paving will not be responsible should defects arise from poor care after completion of any works and any defect must be made fully aware to Dalesway Paving. As soon as it is noticed failure to report any said defects within reasonable time will not be the responsibility of Dalesway Paving. But the clients, any damage through neglect is also not the responsibility of Dalesway Paving. And will require proof of defect being caused by poor workmanship on our part.
After practical substantial completion, Dalesway Paving are not able to accept responsibility for any damage to hard or soft landscaping for example: Through the elements, including drought, winds, rain and frost to any material(s) including plants. This includes freeze thaw action occurring in the cement work of brickwork, patios and paving.
Accidental damage caused by the client, client’s family/friends or via a third-party who has no connection to Dalesway Paving to materials or completed projects will not be covered by Dalesway Paving in any circumstances
Settlement due to new buildings and walling is normal and little can be done to avoid, all settlement must reported immediately to be tracked and made sure it does so safely it is the responsibility of the client to inform Dalesway Paving Immediately should any arise, failure to do so and the problem worsens will be the responsibility of the client and not Dalesway Paving.
In order to achieve effective dispersal of water, falls must conform to the British standard specification. Dalesway Paving cannot be held responsible for any water retention where falls are less than the minimum as stated in BS4987.
If Dalesway Paving accidentally break/damage your property or materials we will replace the item/s or fix the problem.
Stage payments will be made by the client against works completed/materials on site for landscaping projects exceeding a two-week period. payments to be made at weekly intervals,commencing from the end of the second week
Final balance payment to be made within 3 days of completion. Upon final payment, Dalesway Paving will assume that the client deems all works have been carried out to a satisfactory conclusion. Afterwhich no changes will be carried out without additional charge. This does not include defects due to poor workmanship.
It is also noted that until full payment has been received all materials, items supplied belong to and are owned by Dalesway Paving and should payment not be received on time and in full all items supplied belonging to Dalesway Paving and are the sole property of Dalesway Paving until otherwise paid for.